We woke up at about 7:30 which I thought was a little early considering the time difference and how late we were up last night, but we got up, showered and headed down stairs for a small, quick breakfast at the hotel.
Today we went to some of the casinos that are just off the strip so we hopped on the shuttle from Harrah's to the Rio. We played some slots here and broke about even. I found a video black jack for $5 so I played that a while which helped us to break even.
From here we walked to the Palms. I had bought a coupon online to get $50 in slot play coupons for $25 to join their players club. We did get to play for a while but only came out with about $25 from that (which really means I lost $25 in the deal).
Then we walked over to the Gold Coast. Dave was over playing slots so we found some $5 black jack tables and settled in. Dave and I started off at the same table which is never good and today was no different. Dave had to go find another table and he was having a bad time right off the bat and stopped playing a little. Then he sat at the table next to me that had a "Lucky Lucky" side bet and between his 2 cards and the dealers up card he got a suited 6,7,8 which paid him $200 on a $2 bet. You should have seen how that lifted his spirits. While we don't normally mind if we lose what we budgeted, we like to be able to play for a while on what we have and it was looking pretty bleak for Dave since I still had at least another hour to play, so that hit kept him going and we cashed out ahead from here.
Shuttled back to Bill's, went up to out room, grabbed our coats and headed out for the night.
We went to Pink's and Dave had a chilli dog while I had the Planet Hollywood dog which was really a sausage with mushrooms, onions and cheese. It was good, messy and I'm sure, definitely not good for us.
We were a bit early for the Beatleshow so we stopped and had a drink before heading over there. Since we had a coupon for half off we got the VIP seating and were in the third row. The show lasted just over an hour and was pretty good. The guys sounded (and tried to look) just like the Beatles and they did a good job. The kid that played John was really good and his performance of Imagine was really well done.
After the show we decided to head to the Bellagio. We went into the Conservatory which was all decked out for Chinese New Year and it looked amazing. We then set off to find the $5 black jack tables that I read about. Well we only found 2 of them and both were wheelchair accessible tables which meant they only allowed 4 other players to play while keeping 2 slots open for wheelchairs. One table had an opening so Dave and I tag-teamed for a while but it was a continuous shuffle machine which I do not like so we cashed out $10 up and then went outside to see the fountain show which was great as usual.
The rest of the night we bounced between Bill's and O'Sheas and lucky with Dave's big winning earlier today, we ended the night slightly ahead of what we started with.
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Day 2 Monday - January 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment