Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 4 Wednesday - February 1, 2012

First let me say that I forgot to mention yesterday that we went to the observation deck at the Eiffel Tower @ Paris casino. It was a bit daunting and I was a little freaked out but the view is really amazing if you don't look down.
Anyway, on to today. This is the day we transfer to downtown. For us, downtown is our preference because it is more relaxed, hangout, gamble a bit but on the strip it is go, go, go.....
A quick taxi ride to the El Cortez and even though it is early, we are able to get into our room right away. We are booked in the Cabana rooms which are across the street and even though the phrase "Cabana" might suggest something huge and relaxing it is a bit the opposite. The rooms are smaller but they are clean and cheap and we don't spend enough time in our rooms to need anything big.
We grab some lunch in the Cafe which is always gold and inexpensive but even more so today because I had a 2 for 1 meal coupon. I have to admit, Vegas is the only place where I actually use coupons on a regular basis.
After lunch we decide to stay at the EC and play some bj. We sit at different tables and we each are doing pretty good and are up a bit. Not sure if it is left over from yesterday's illness but I am pretty tired so I go to take a nap while Dave hangs out and plays some more. He finishes up about $50 up and keeps the chips for now as we'll be playing here again over the weekend.
For the evening we head to Fremont St. and basically just casino hop and try a bunch of different tables. We mostly did OK and I did best at Binion's where I started with $50 and cashed out at $125, not bad for just over an hours work. Of course later I didn't do so well at the Las Vegas Club and lost $60 within half an hour...UGH.
Overall we were only $25 down from our daily budget and we got to play all day so in my book that is a win.
Hopefully the rest of my entries will be a bit more exciting but again, we don't do much downtown so we'll see........

No comments:

Post a Comment